At Adam Dental Care, we are committed to providing our patients with exceptional dental care. As such, we believe that all treatments and tools we use at our office should be of the highest quality and safest materials. In our commitment to this belief, our dentists and team can restore your smile using composite dental fillings in Woodbridge, Virginia.
Traditionally, most dental fillings were composed of silver amalgam, which contains a mixture of metals including silver, mercury, tin and copper. Over the years, the use of amalgam fillings has decreased due to concerns about its potential risks. In addition to the concerns of using a material containing mercury, amalgam fillings have a tendency to expand in the mouth, leading to fractures and cracks in the teeth.
At our office, Dr. Ibrahim El-Garawany and associates use only composite, tooth-colored materials in dental fillings. This material is made of a kind of tooth-colored resin that is safe to use and blends seamlessly into your smile.
Some other benefits of composite fillings include:
- Material bonds to the tooth, supporting structural integrity
- Reduced risk of the tooth breaking
- Insulation from temperature changes associated with certain foods and beverages
- Better resistance to decay and leaks
- Correction of small cavities that are too small for amalgam
- Repair and replacement without being removed from the tooth
- Metal-free restoration, giving you a safer filling
- Matching your natural tooth color
If you are interested in this treatment, be sure to call our office at 703-221-9759 for an appointment.